Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A New Year!

Today (hooray!) my family was healthy enough to host preschool (well, my 9-month-old was kept in semi-quarantine, but that counts, right?). However, both Misses C and K could not join us, so Miss D and her crew came a little later than usual for preschool-lite. It turned out to be a nice way to ease back in.

After Circle Time (during which Miss D and the kids discussed the new year), the two-year-olds joined us briefly. Miss D's daughter spooned split peas and practiced water transfer with a funnel, while my two-year-old built towers with the knobless cylinders.

Miss D's son and my four year old did the bank game, the hundred board...


...and the hanging bead stairs:


Miss D led Music Time, and then we closed with the "O" story and verse from My ABC Bible Verses: "Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good," Psalm 118:1.

2 comments:

Tess said...

Great to see you are back, I missed your posts over Christmas!

Four Little Penguins said...

It's good to see you back! :)